Meticulous Record Keeping = Meticulous Maintenance? “Are you in possession of prior seller’s disclosure statement(s)? (If “Yes, please attach).” –Minnesota Seller Disclosure; p. 1, line 44. [ Editor’s Note : The views expressed here are solely those of Ross Kaplan, and do not represent Edina Realty, Berkshire Hathaway, or any other entity referenced. If you need legal advice, please consult an attorney.] As a Buyer’s agent, I always like to see the previous Seller’s Disclosure — that is, the Disclosure that the current Seller received from the previous owner, when they were the Buyer (got all that??). There are two reasons that that’s helpful: One . It provides a more complete picture of the home’s condition, especially if the current owner has been in the house a relatively short time (less than 3-4 years). When that’s the case, it’s possible that the current owner has never had a problem with such Minnesota bugaboos as a wet basement or ice dams — but th...
Superhero as Psychopath [ Spoiler alert : this post divulges a sub-plot from Season One, Episode #4, “The Female of the Species.” Stop here if you don’t want to know.] As super powers go, you’d think safely landing a stricken passenger jet would be a cinch. Especially when the Superhero (“Supe”) in question — Homelander in Amazon Prime’s “The Boys” — can fly at the speed of sound, shoot lethal laser beams from his eyes, and hurl 8-ton trucks as if they were toys. Nope. Conjuring Jack Nicholson’s “Here’s Johnny!” expression from “The Shining.” Queen Maeve begs Homelander: Queen Maeve : “You’ve got to go out there — lift the plane up!” Homelander (incredulous): “Lift the plane up?!? How? There’s nothing to stand on. It’s f*cking air!” Queen Maeve: “I don’t know, fly at it, ram it straight.” Homelander : “No, [at] that kind of speed, either the plane goes ass over tit, or I’ll punch straight through the hull, or . . . ” So, why not at least save as many passengers a...
” . . . and Your Dog’s Ugly” I recently heard about an agent who shows up at every listing presentation — essentially, a job interview for Realtors — with a conspicuous “Sold” sign that they leave in plain view of the prospective Seller. Apparently, the agent thinks it projects confidence, “go-getter” hustle, etc.** However, it backfired with an elderly Seller when the sign slipped just a little too deeply into the agent’s briefcase. I guess that would make it a “ mal aprop” ( sorry , I couldn’t resist). P.S.: I took the liberty of reenacting the goof — that’s actually my briefcase in the two photos. **I think the tactic could just as easily be construed as off-puttingly presumptuous — which is why I don’t do it. See also , “ Realtor Gaffes & Bloopers “; “ Stealth Realtor Job Skill: Interviewing Well “; “How’s THAT For Seller Candor ”; “ The Listing Agent-Cum-Investigative Reporter “; “ Realtors, Standup Comedy, and Listing Presentations “; and “ Sensiti...
Comments
Post a Comment